The Complete WordPress Website Business Course
Master WordPress with this Complete WordPress Course, without learning how to code and without any programming!
What you’ll learn
- Create all kinds of commercial websites, using WordPress, to sell to clients
Master the inner workings of WordPress, for fixing, troubleshooting, and building websites
Set up server and hosting environments in the most economical and secure way
- Build and edit websites within staging and development environments
- Migrate and transfer WordPress websites from staging to live and vice-versa
- Sell Website Care and Maintenance plans to happy clients for recurring revenue
- A working computer, either Windows or Mac.
- A modern browser like Chrome, or Firefox.
- Internet access for many of the lessons.
- You don’t need any experience with programming languages like HTML or CSS.
“This is one of the best Word Press courses you will find. Gregg is a phenomenal instructor and his lesson plans are well designed. The lessons are very easy to comprehend and engaging. I started this course with no knowledge nor understanding of Word Press and now I’m super confident in my ability to produce quality websites!” –William Hopkins
“So far this course has been the best I have experienced on Udemy! Gregg’s videos are clear and concise without any fluff. I have messaged him in the Q&A section and received a response within 12 hours! Can’t wait to get to the end!” –Walter King
No better time than now, and only increasing
With WordPress powering more than 25% of all websites in the world, there’s never been a better time to build an income and a business around it.
You’re here because you want to master WordPress, right? Good idea. You’re in the right place. And, you can do it without learning any programming or coding.
While WordPress is open source, and because of that has thousands of developers building resources for it, it still takes quite a bit of learning to become a master at building and managing websites with it. It’s not just learning the WordPress software, there’s a small amount of graphic design knowledge needed, hosting and server management, troubleshooting broken sites or problems by hacking into the back end and server setup, and properly staging development environments around new sites or when performing updates and changes on existing sites.
“What a great course! Good explanation and a lot to learn, friendly and very quick support. I’m only at the beginning and I’ll leave another review later after I finished this course. I’m sure there is much more to learn!” –Adriene
Why am I qualified to teach you?
Through this course, I’ll teach you everything I’ve learned and mastered
through 10 years of building, managing, migrating, and hosting WordPress websites.
“He is concise and well spoken, without dumbing it down at all. As a total newbie to WordPress, I’m thankful he’s offering this! 3 lessons in and it’s great so far.” –Jamie Rasmussen
My business lets me work on my own schedule, manage my home workspace
without a boss or a manager, and gives me an unlimited ceiling for profit and income and time freedom.
Without learning to code or programming anything, I’m able to leverage what’s already been done with WordPress to create modern, robust and functional websites for clients of all types.
I’m hoping you’ll get to the same awesome place in your work life. Let this course give you the head start you need to increase your income fast.
“[Gregg] has covered more areas than what an average course would deliver, this is clear reflection of Greggs’ experience in the subject. He has gone above and beyond to cover every aspect of WordPress for a clear and concise understanding for a beginner.
Gregg is probably one of the best instructors I have come across on Udemy and expert in the subject. Well done and Thank you for an amazing course.”
–Mohamed Fawmey Mohamed Vinodh
Many of my best and biggest clients have come from “abandoned” WordPress websites, where the client’s website designer or developer has left the scene. My ability to get in and restore, fix, redesign, and continue to manage WordPress websites brings me lots of instant and recurring income.
You’ll learn how to do all this in 20 hours of easy-to-follow video content, fun lessons and challenges.
During this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know to start or improve your own WordPress website business.
The WordPress Ecosystem
“Straight forward and neat! Just what I need to step up the freelancing ladder. Highly recommended.” –Mr. Graciano Jose Reyes
It’s probably no surprise to you that the WordPress community has thousands of really talented and creative developers, designers and technologists working within it. And you may know that much of their work is available as open-source resources that will enable you to build your own business.
The open-source philosophy doesn’t mean that no one makes any money. On the contrary, by sharing much of what we, as a community, create, we all prosper much, much more, because we all share in expanding what’s possible with WordPress.
By spending zero-to-little money, you can stand on the shoulders of those who came before you, to create your own business niche, by learning the skills and secrets presented in this course.
“Instructor explains everything very clearly, and in detail. So simple to learn and understand in this course. Looking forward to finishing all of the lessons with much excitement. An A+++ instructor and course.” –Mekus
Summary of what you’ll get
- Over 20 hours of video teaching and training.
- Learn to set up local development environments to play with WordPress websites in private, on your own computer.
- Evaluate and choose hosting for your own websites and client sites, with insights from 15 years of hosting client websites.
- Free extended hosting trials at SiteGround and Flywheel for performing coursework and hosting your website experiments.
- Premium Products WordPress Sandbox, where you can play with many premium WordPress resources, like Genesis Framework and Themes, WPMUDev Plugins, and other premium tools.
- Your Website Sandbox lets you create an unlimited number of experimental learning environments.
- Build more than 10 modern mobile-responsive websites, each with a different focus and learning purpose – each one could be re-purposed for a client website.
- Active and helpful community and forum.
- Direct access to your instructors for questions and help through the Udemy communications channels.
- Lifetime access to the course, including all future updates.
What will I learn that I can apply to creating a profitable business right away?
- Download and configure free open-source software tools and use online services to build the resources you need to create and manage WordPress websites.
- Master the ins-and-outs of hosting and development environments, including servers, files, and databases that WordPress uses.
- Learn how to get into the WordPress files and database to manually manage installation and troubleshooting for WordPress websites.
- Build a simple brochure website after installing and configuring WordPress manually.
- Add contact forms, Google Maps embedded in the site, and Google Analytics integrations for tracking visitors and traffic.
- Create a blog-style website, including category and tag navigation systems, and post formats for organizing content.
How about more advanced topics I’ll need?
- WordPress website migration and moving sites to different hosts and servers.
- Hosting differences and migration services.
- Using staging areas for website development and updating.
- Working with Theme Frameworks and Child Themes.
- Creating a Child Theme manually and using a plugin.
- Customizing the WordPress Dashboard for clients.
- Working with plugins, and vetting them for usability, reputation and longevity.
- Website Speed and Performance testing.
- Custom Post Types for customizing a website’s functionality to match the needs of a client.
- Working with and extending Genesis Child Themes.
- Setting up email systems: transactional email sent by WordPress, marketing email sent to email lists in bulk, and specific email addresses at website domains.
- ECommerce and WordPress: using WooCommerce to build a webstore, and using Custom Post Types within WooCommerce.
- Customizing Account, Cart, and Checkout pages.
- Shipping and Digital Delivery.
- Updating WordPress, Themes and Plugins.
- Managing multiple websites for recurring income.
- Creating multiple backup and restore systems.
- Using website security through https:// and SSL Certificates.
Landing, managing, and keeping great clients
- Finding clients and building client proposals
- Website care and management services for recurring income.
- Client billing for flat-rate projects and recurring charges.
- Those interested in learning to build websites using open-source and free tools should take this course.
- Those familiar with WordPress, who need a deeper understanding of how all the parts fit together, should take this course.
- Those new to WordPress, but looking for a complete system for creating and managing professional websites for clients or themselves, should take this course.
Created by Rob Percival, Gregg Davis, Codestars by Rob Percival
Last updated 12/2018
Size: 5.98 GB