REST APIs with Flask and Python
Build professional REST APIs with Python, Flask, Flask-RESTful, and Flask-SQLAlchemy
What you’ll learn
- Connect web or mobile applications to databases and servers via REST APIs
Create secure and reliable REST APIs which include authentication, logging, caching, and more
Understand the different layers of a web server and how web applications interact with each other
- Handle seamless user authentication with advanced features like token refresh
- Handle log-outs and prevent abuse in your REST APIs with JWT blacklisting
- Develop professional-grade REST APIs with expert instruction
- Some prior programming experience in any programming language will help. The course includes a full Python refresher course.
- All software used in the course is provided, and completely free
- Complete beginners may wish to take a beginner Python course first, and then transition to this course afterwards
Are you tired of boring, outdated, incomplete, or incorrect tutorials? I say no more to copy-pasting code that you don’t understand.
Welcome to one of the best resources online on creating REST APIs. I’m Jose, and I’m a software engineer; here to help you truly understand and develop your skills in web and REST API development with Python.
Production-ready REST APIs
This course will guide you in creating simple, intermediate, and advanced REST APIs including authentication, deployments, caching, and much more.
We’ll start with a Python refresher that will take you from the very basics to some of the most advanced features of Python—for you to never be lost or confused.
Using Flask and popular extensions Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy we will dive right into developing complete, solid, production-ready REST APIs.
We will also look into essential technologies Git, Heroku, and nginx.
You’ll be able to…
- Create resource-based, production-ready REST APIs using Flask and popular extensions;
- Using SQLAlchemy to easily and efficiently store resources to a database; and
- Understand the complex intricacies of deployments and performance of REST APIs.
I pride myself in providing excellent support and feedback to every single student. I am always available to guide you personally, and answer questions for your benefit.
Don’t wait, and sign up today to take another step toward web services mastery!
I’ll see you on the inside.
- Students wanting to extend the capabilities of mobile and web applications by using server-side technologies
- Software developers looking to expand their skill-set by learning to develop professional grade REST APIs
- Those looking to learn Python while specifically catering to web services
Created by Jose Salvatierra, Teclado by Jose Salvatierra
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 2.34 GB