Python 3 Network Programming – Build 5 Network Applications
Learn Python 3 from scratch! Build your own network scripts and upgrade your Network Engineering skills! Updated 2019.
What you’ll learn
- Master all the Python 3 key concepts starting from scratch. No prior Python knowledge is required!
Apply your new Python 3 skills to build various tools for network interaction and make your job easier.
Use Python 3 for connecting via SSH to any network device and reading/writing configuration from multiple devices simultaneously.
- Use Python 3 for establishing SSH sessions to network devices, extract parameters like the CPU utilization and build real-time graphs for performance monitoring.
- Use Python 3 for building an interactive subnet calculator with a user menu. The tool will return the network and broadcast addresses, the number of valid hosts per subnet, the wildcard mask and will generate random IP addresses from the subnet.
- Use Python 3 for building a basic packet sniffer, capturing and analyzing network packets (ARP, ICMP, BOOTP) and saving packet data to a log file.
- Use Python 3 for building a configuration change management tool that will extract the running config of a network device at specific time intervals, will compare it to the previous version, detect and highlight all the changes and send the network admin a nice and clean report via e-mail on a daily basis.
- Get the full Python 3 code of 5 amazing network applications and customize each of them according to your networking needs.
- Get many other useful, free resources to enhance your learning experience: quizzes, notebooks (code samples), cheat sheet (syntax summary and examples), e-book (syntax guide).
- Get my Python 2 network programming (legacy) content, as a bonus, at the end of the course. However, you should definitely focus your efforts on the Python 3 content.
- Get my full support for any question or issue. Udemy provides you with a 30-day money-back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked and a Certificate of Completion.
- Ask for a raise at your current job or apply for a better position using the network automation skills gained from this course.
- No prior Python knowledge is required! This training teaches your everything, from scratch.
- You should have a great desire to learn Python programming and do it in a hands-on fashion, without having to watch countless videos filled with slides and theory.
- You should already be familiar with networking concepts like: Switching, TCP/IP, CLI, SSHv2, Telnet, OSI Layers.
- You are going to use only free software throughout the course: Python 3.7, VirtualBox, Arista vEOS, Notepad++.
- All you need is a decent PC or laptop (2GHz CPU, 8-16GB RAM) and an Internet connection to download the free tools.
- Preferably, you should have a Windows OS to work on, to be fully synchronized with the course content.
✔ 25 hours of content designed for Network Engineers
✔ I am updating the course frequently and answering all your questions
✔ Full Python 3 applications, quizzes and notebooks are included
✔ Downloadable Python 3 cheat sheet and 200+ pages PDF e-book are included
✔ Udemy Bestselling Instructor with over 1500 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ reviews
✔ Over 50.000 satisfied students across several e-learning platforms
✔ Certificate of Completion is Included
“Have finished 35% of the course, so far it’s the best Python-for-network-engineer course I have ever attended, fundamental topics are well demonstrated and explained, I strongly recommend this course to any network engineers who want to master Python in a relatively short period of time.” by Parry Wang
✔ What others have to say about my Python courses?
Before you read what I have to say, see what my students are saying about my courses:
“What an incredible value and learning experience!” by Sean A.
“Excellent material. Kudos to a great instructor with a vast level of creativity.” by Anthony W.
“I can say this man is going on smoothly and perfectly, explaining in the most empirical/foundational way.” by Kolapo A.
✔ Why would you take this course?
Do you want to become a Python Developer without having to spend a lot of money on books and boring theoretical courses?
Are you a network professional who wants to start automating network tasks using Python?
Or maybe you’re seeking a raise or even a career change?
Join thousands of successful students who have decided to learn Python, upgrade their networking skills and boost their careers using this 100% hands-on course!
✔ What’s this course all about?
Python Network Programming (version 3.7) course aimed not only at network professionals, but at anyone having little or no experience in coding or network automation and a great desire to start learning Python from scratch. This hands-on Python Network Programming training takes you from “Hello World!” to building complex network applications in no time.
During this course you will learn Python concepts which are relevant to your networking job and build some amazing network tools:
- Introduction – What’s This Course All About?
- Python 3 – Basics
- Python 3 – Strings
- Python 3 – Numbers and Booleans
- Python 3 – Lists
- Python 3 – Sets
- Python 3 – Tuples
- Python 3 – Ranges
- Python 3 – Dictionaries
- Python 3 – Conditionals, Loops and Exceptions
- Python 3 – Functions and Modules
- Python 3 – File Operations
- Python 3 – Regular Expressions
- Python 3 – Classes and Objects
- Python 3 – Advanced Concepts and Tools
- Python 3 – Download the Cheat Sheet
- Python 3 – Download the E-Book
- Setting Up the Working Environment
- Network Application #1 – Reading / Writing Device Configuration via SSH
- Network Application #2 – Building an Interactive Subnet Calculator
- Network Application #3 – Extracting Network Parameters & Building Graphs
- Network Application #4 – Building a Basic Network Packet Sniffer
- Network Application #5 – Config File Management and E-mail Notifications
- Final Section – Get Your Certificate, Let’s Connect on Social Media, Bonuses
- Bonus – Python 2 Legacy Content
Sounds unbelievable given your current programming experience? Well, it’s true! How?
First, you will learn and practice every Python 3 key concept, which is explained in one or more video lectures, followed by a short quiz. Each video is filled with relevant examples, in a learn-by-doing fashion and the quizzes will help you consolidate the main ideas behind each Python topic.
After laying the foundation (and also exploring some advanced Python topics), you will dive right into the real-life network scenarios and apply your knowledge to build 5 great network tools using the power of Python.
Equipped with working files, cheat sheets and Python code samples, you will be able to work alongside me on each lecture and each application. I will provide a virtual machine with all the Python modules already installed and also the full code for each application, so you can save time and start coding and testing on the spot.
We will use emulated Arista vEOS switches in VirtualBox to test our Python apps in a network environment, so you can see the actual results of running your Python code.
I encourage you to learn Python, an amazingly beginner-friendly programming language and take your network engineering job to a higher level of automation.
✔ Is this course regularly updated?
- Major Update: December 12th, 2018 – Re-filming the network applications part of the course, upgrading to Python 3.
- Major Update: November 8th, 2018 – Re-filmed the first 10 sections of the course, upgraded to Python 3 and improved the video quality to 1080p Full HD.
- Course Launch: May 19th, 2015
✔ What others have to say about this course?
“I have been programming since 1978 and wanted to learn python. I have had no java or OOP experience, and I tried several ‘paper’ tutorials but got little out of them. The first part of this course is a steady walk through the Python language at just the right speed. The instructor seems to touch all the basis in a logical and methodical way while providing examples and explanations. I can only conclude the instructor is a professional educator who spent considerable time structuring and organizing the course. The result is evident. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO LEARN PYTHON!” by Larry Laswell
“I’ve tried learning from the books & multiple videos – most were too basic to make a practical app. Some books were too thick and made me sleep. But still none of the materials had the perfect balance like this course where all the basics were covered, instructions were concise, and Mihai walks you through how to create 7 practical apps step by step. I’ve also tried reading some advanced python book which didn’t make sense because it was too advanced. Let me tell you, this is hands down “that course that takes you up to beyond the basics” to bridge you to the advance topics. Right now I’m hitting the advanced topics and it finally makes sense…” by Joon Park
“Usually I’m not doing courses review but this time I will make an exception. During time I took a lot of trainings but very few provided by Udemy proved as having the right approach in teaching the audience. I will mark this one as being one of my personal top three best trainings as content’s quality, technical explanations, and additional learning materials perspective. Long story short this course is a very simple, straight forward way of learning Python for managing IT networks.” by Johnny Stanescu
“This is a great course for network engineers who would like to start automating their tasks. Geared towards beginners, this course teaches the fundamentals of programming and applying those concepts to networking. There is a lot of fluff about python on the internet, however the instructor managed to put together the necessary information to start automating the network. A working knowledge of TCP/IP is needed to get the most out of this course. Should you understand every lecture, you will be ready to start writing your own scripts according to your needs. In particular, I loved the use of scapy, an amazing tool which should be in the arsenal of anyone working with TCP/IP.” by Costin-Alin Neacsu
“I’ve seen the blueprint and some demo videos and I was convinced right away. Without a doubt, it’s one of the best trainings a network engineer can have. It gives you actual valuable and marketable skills that you can use in your daily job. Mihai explains the topics really well, with practical examples making it a fun way to learn. Highly recommended.” by Vlad Vlaicu
⚠ Important information before you enroll!
- In case you find the course useless for your career, don’t forget you are covered by a 30-day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked.
- Once enrolled, you have unlimited, 24/7, lifetime access to the course (unless you choose to drop the course during the first 30 days).
- You will have instant and free access to any updates I’ll add to the course – video lectures, additional resources, exercises or new code.
- You will benefit from my full support regarding any question you might have and your course colleagues will help you, as well. This is not just a programming course, it’s an amazing learning community!
- Check out the promo video at the top of this page and some of the free preview videos in the curriculum to get a taste of my teaching style and methods before making your decision!
“I would firstly thank you for making this course . Secondly, i did like the approach. You understand the mindset of the beginner. I would recommend this course for all those who want to consider using Python for network automation.” by Pramod Ramu
✔ Enroll NOW and hop on the Python 3 Network Programming train. Let’s get started!
- Network Administrators, Network Engineers, Network Managers, Systems Engineers.
- Network Quality Assurance Engineers, Network Analysts, Network Professionals.
- Python Developers Who Want to Apply Their Knowledge in Network Automation.
Created by Mihai Catalin Teodosiu, Python Developer, Python Tutorial I/O
Last updated 1/2019
Size: 5.38 GB