GIMP 2.10 & 2.8 Beginner + Advanced, Learn GIMP From a Pro
Learn GIMP 2.10 from a pro photog & graphic designer. Everything you need to know in one course. Learn GIMP by doing.
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to install GIMP on a PC and/or a Mac
Learn how to make the GIMP interface similar to Photoshop
Learn how to process RAW files for GIMP
- Learn how to use free plugins to increase the functionality of GIMP
- Learn how to configure the GIMP interface for increased productivity
- Learn tips and techniques for editing images and creating graphics from a pro photographer (and graphic designer)
- Learn how to save 1 hour for every 8 hours worked
- Learn the different file types you can use in GIMP as well as GIMP’s proprietary file format
- Learn how to setup and use the History panel for streamlining your workflow
- Learn how to save files for the web, print, Photoshop and more
- Learn what a Layer is and how to use them in GIMP
- Learn what a Layer Mask is and how to use them in GIMP
- Learn what Blending Modes are and how to use them in GIMP
- Learn about the 7 different Blending Mode groups and how to use them in GIMP
- Learn all about the 4 main tools in GIMP; Selections, Paint, Transform and Color Tools
- Learn how to use brushes in GIMP
- Learn how to install pre-made brushes, from other artists, in GIMP
- Learn how to create your own brushes in GIMP
- Learn how to use Palettes & Presets to streamline your workflow
- Learn the core differences between RAW and JPG files.
- Learn how to create Color Tool Presets to streamline your workflow
- Learn how to use the Color Balance Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Colorize Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Hue Saturation Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Brightness Contrast Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Levels Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to read and utilize the Histogram to streamline your editing workflow
- Learn how to use the Curves Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Threshold Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Posterize & Desaturate Tool for editing your images
- Learn the difference between the Heal & Clone Tool
- Learn how to use the Heal Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Clone Tool for editing your images
- Learn how to use the Dodge & Burn Tool for editing your images
- Learn the importance of the Selection Tools and how to use
- Learn how to use the Free Select Tool
- Learn how to use the Foreground Select Tool
- Learn how to use the Fuzzy Select Tool
- Learn how to use the Select by Color Tool
- Learn how to use the Quick Mask Tool
- Learn how to use the Path Tool
- Learn how to use the Text Tool
- Learn how to use the Patterns Tool
- Learn how to use the Filter Tools
- Learn how to create basic shapes in GIMP
- Learn how to add photos to shapes
- Learn my personal editing workflow for processing images
- Learn by doing! Project based lessons throughout the course
- Learn how I edit JPG files from start to finish
- Learn how I edit RAW files from start to finish
- Learn how to add text along a path
- Learn how to add an image to text
- Learn how to create text out of grass
- Learn how to add a reflection to your text
- Learn how to make a superhero “pop-out” of an iMac screen
- Learn how to add light to an image
- Learn how to add smoke to an image
- Must have a PC (Windows) or Mac computer.
Hello and welcome to my GIMP Made Easy course. My name is Chris Parker and I’m a professional photographer, graphic designer and instructor of this GIMP course.
This GIMP course is divided into 2 sections;
- the Basics… A complete overview of all the tools in GIMP
- the Advanced GIMP projects. Learn by doing. Once you have the foundation from the first half of the course, you’ll continue learning how to use GIMP by working on advanced GIMP projects.
This GIMP 2.10 for beginners is designed for, well, beginners!
***New tutorials are scheduled to be released on a regular basis***
——> the GIMP Basics
First, you’ll learn how to install GIMP, set up the interface, preferences and more.
Then, you’ll begin setting up the GIMP interface for your personal preference and configuring the preferences –> Yes, I know. This stuff is boring. But, it’s essential for getting the most out of GIMP.
Every lesson is created in short bite-size pieces to help you better retain the information and each builds on the next.
1 of the most essential tools in GIMP are Layers. You’ll learn all about Layers and how to work with them. Plus, you’ll learn about another powerful type of layer; the Layer Mask.
Hint: a Layer Mask, gives you the precision and control to apply edits exactly where you want them.
Oh, these are so fun and awesome. Can’t wait to share with you how to take advantage of Layers & Layer masks in GIMP.
Another fun, creative and powerful tool (within GIMP) are Blending Modes. You’ll learn about the 7 distinct types of Blending Mode groups and how to use them to add creative flair to your artwork.
Not one to skimp out and leave no stone un-turned; you’ll also learn about the 4 main tools in GIMP…
- Selection Tools
- Paint Tools
- Transform Tools
- Color Tools
The Selection Tools, are an integral part of your skill-set. You’ll learn about the 7 different types of selection tools to make your job of “selecting” that much easier. The selection tools are a big part of the advanced GIMP projects and you’ll want to learn the basics first (included!).
You’ll also learn all about the Paint Tools and how to use them to; add color, modify color, erase, clone, heal, and much more.
What about learning how to use the Transform tools to align graphics, move, rotate, scale, shear and more? Got you covered there too! Check out the basic overviews of each tool and then master them with the advanced GIMP projects.
Next up; the Color Tools. Learn how to use these Color Tools to process and edit your photos like a pro. Learn from my 27+ years as a pro photographer.
Oh, and I almost forgot about one of my favorite tools in GIMP; the Paths Tool. Love it! This tool has a dual purpose and mastering it will go a long way in helping fulfill your creative vision.
Check out the advanced GIMP projects to master the Paths Tool (after the basic overview). The advanced GIMP projects will give you a lot of practice with it and you will master the Path Tool in no time.
O.k., almost done.
Let’s not forget about GIMP filters and Patterns. You’ll learn how to use both! Learn how to download and install Patterns created by other artists. Plus, you’ll learn how to apply the GIMP filters to enhance your creative artwork.
——> the Advanced GIMP projects
This is where all the fun begins. Not that we don’t have fun in the first half! You’ll just take your creative learning to a whole new level.
How? By taking what you’ve learned in the Basics and amplifying it with advanced projects.
First up; Do you find it odd that GIMP does not have basic shape tools?
I do. No worries.
You’ll learn how to create basic shapes in GIMP; rectangles and squares, free-form shapes, circles, and triangles too… oh my!
Did I mention that I’m a pro photographer? Then, you’ll want to learn how I use all the tools in GIMP to edit….
Learn my 3 step editing workflow I’ve used on hundreds of weddings and thousands of portrait sessions. How I use each of the Color Tools, how I use Levels and Curves, how I retouch with Clone and Heal, how I dodge and burn, and much more.
Plus, I’ll show you how to process RAW files for GIMP. Watch me do a complete edit, from start to finish, on a Nikon RAW file, a Canon RAW file and a JPG file.
Then, we’ll take your GIMP learning experience to a whole new level with the following projects…
- How to add text along a path
- How to add an image to text
- How to create text out of grass
- How to create a reflection of your text
- How to make a SuperHero fly out of a monitor
- How to add smoke to your image
- How to add a source of light to your image
- How to separate a subject from the background (and save for the web)
- How to install the free Nik Collection (awesome plugin for creatively editing your photos)
- and much more…
…You see, these are not the only projects. I have a dozens more. Which means, once you sign up for this course, new tutorials will be added on a regular basis.
What are you waiting for? Now is the best time to sign up for my complete GIMP course… before I decide to increase the price.
Looking forward to sharing with you my photographic knowledge and how to use GIMP.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to use GIMP for editing images and how to create graphics.
Created by Chris Parker
Last updated 2/2019
Size: 9.41 GB