Apache Kafka Series – Confluent Schema Registry & REST Proxy
Kafka – Master Avro, the Confluent Schema Registry and Kafka REST Proxy. Build Avro Producers/Consumers, Evolve Schemas
What you’ll learn
- Write simple and complex Avro Schemas
- Create, Write and Read Avro objects in Java
- Write a Java Producer and Consumer leveraging Avro data and the Schema Registry
- Learn about Schema Evolution
- Perform Schema evolution using the command line and in Java
- Utilize the REST Proxy using a REST Client
- Good knowledge of Apache Kafka
- Some Java knowledge
- A recent computer (Windows / Linux / Mac OS X) with 4GB of RAM
- Understand JSON data format
- Knowledge of REST APIs is better
The new volume in the Apache Kafka Series!
Learn Apache Avro, the Confluent Schema Registry for Apache Kafka and the Confluent REST Proxy for Apache Kafka. Join hundreds of knowledge savvy students into learning some of the most important components in a typical Apache Kafka stack.
Take a look at these student reviews…
★★★★★ “Excellent course. A must for Apache Kafka users.” – Mayank
★★★★★ “Beautiful explanation of Avro and how to use it with Apache Kafka. This knowledge enhancing like all your other courses. We have Apache Kafka from Confluent in our enterprise and this is what I was exactly looking for. Thanks a lot.” – Vinod
★★★★★ “Stephane Maarek is truly remarkable instructor! His instructional videos do not disappoint, they keep me wanting more and provide exactly the Kafka skills needed to be successful.” – Troy
Apache Avro is one of the most powerful and most popular fast data serialisation mechanism with Apache Kafka
> Schema is a first class citizen of the data
> Data serialisation format that is lightweight
> Documentation is embedded in the schema
> Easy to read and write using many languages
> Fast & Big data de-facto data serialisation format
Confluent Schema Registry for Apache Kafka is the de-facto standard way of storing Avro Schemas for your Apache Kafka Topics.
> Stores a versioned history of all your schemas in Apache Kafka
> Supports and enforces conditions for schema evolution (backward, forward, full compatibility)
> Kafka Avro Serialiser and Deserialiser automatically integrate with Apache Kafka and Confluent Schema Registry
> Make your messages much smaller and lighter! Perfect for increasing Apache Kafka throughput and performance
Confluent REST Proxy is the perfect way to communicate for sending Avro data using non Java languages to Apache Kafka.
> Write and Read binary, JSON and Avro data to Apache Kafka using an HTTP REST API
> Interact with Apache Kafka using any programming language (not just Java)
> Consult topic list and topic metadata in Apache Kafka
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He is an Apache Kafka Expert, and the author of the highly-rated Apache Kafka Series on Udemy, having taught already to 40000+ students and received 12000+ reviews. He shares all his Apache Kafka knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
Hands On & Theory Based Course
Note: This course is comprehensive, and the Apache Kafka related bits do not start before the Kafka Schema Registry section. This is to ensure Avro Schema and Avro in Java is fully understood before moving to the Confluent Schema Registry for Apache Kafka.
This course is the first and only available Kafka Schema Registry and Kafka REST Proxy course on the web. Get it now to become an Apache Kafka expert!
- Course Introduction: Let’s learn why we need Schema, and what the target Kafka architecture will look like.
- Avro Schemas: Master how to write simple and complex Avro Schemas for your Kafka messages, as well as Schema Evolution rules and guidelines.
- Avro in Java: Learn how to create Avro records using GenericRecord, SpecificRecord, and ReflectedRecord. Also perform your first schema evolution in Java.
- Setup and Launch Kafka: Install Docker and use Docker Compose to start your Apache Kafka Cluster that will contain the Confluent Schema Registry and the Kafka REST Proxy.
- Confluent Schema Registry and Kafka: Learn what is the Confluent Schema Registry, how it works. Learn to use the Kafka Avro Console Producer & Consumer, and write your first Apache Kafka Avro Java Producer and Avro Java Consumer. Perform a fully compatible schema evolution
- Confluent REST Proxy: Learn how to use the REST Proxy with a REST Client (Insomnia) in order to interface with Apache Kafka using REST. Understand how to read Kafka topic metadata, produce and consume binary, JSON and Avro data
- Annexes: Extra Apache Kafka lectures to push your learning further
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Apache Kafka course Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next applications onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
✔ A 30 Day “No Questions Asked” Money Back Guarantee!
Learn The Confluent Components Now!
Apache Kafka is increasingly becoming a must-have skill, and this course will set you up for fast success using Avro in Kafka, and the Confluent Components – the Kafka Schema Registry and the Kafka REST Proxy. The job market will need people with your newly acquired skillset!
“Take This Course” risk free and learn the Confluent Schema Registry and Kafka REST Proxy now!
- Developers who would like to learn how to write and run an application that leverages Avro and the Schema Registry
- Architects who want to understand the role of the Schema Registry and REST Proxy in an enterprise pipeline
- This course is intended for people who fully understand the basics of Kafka
- People who want to learn the Confluent Components: Schema Registry and REST Proxy
Created by Stephane Maarek | AWS Certified Solutions Architect & Developer
Last updated 5/2019